CCE is recruiting for a credential manager. This position is responsible for daily management of one or more credentials, including determining the effectiveness of existing credentials. This individual acts as a content expert for the credentials managed. The credential manager also establishes and maintains collaborative relationships with internal and external stakeholders. A high degree of self-motivation and a proactive approach are required. This position reports to Garry Fisher, credential development manager.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities:
- Recommends the strategic direction of one or more credentials, consistent with CCE mission and vision.
- Recommends and executes initiatives to achieve strategic goals for assigned credentials.
- Tracks, monitors and measures the effectiveness of initiatives implemented in support of assigned credentials.
- Oversees application review, billing, recredentialing and credential training as well as all other policies, processes and procedures for assigned credentials.
- Coordinates the development and execution of marketing and promotional plans for assigned credentials across all channels and media.
- Ensures that customers, applicants, vendor partners and colleagues receive world-class service through quality-assurance monitoring and auditing of all aspects of credential processes.
- Serves as credentialing program content expert.
- Manages program expectations with team members, stakeholders and management by monitoring credential program progress toward established goals.
- May be responsible for contract management for assigned credentials.
- Creates and maintains collaborative relationships both internally and with stakeholders across multiple lines of business to foster growth.
- Facilitates internal and external group meetings and may represent CCE at external events.
- May be required to assist in or perform the duties of the credential operations specialist position.
- Other duties as assigned.
Education and Experience:
- Bachelor’s degree required
- Minimum of one year and preferably two or more years of professional experience managing processes/programs
- Or equivalent combination of education and experience
- Good business acumen, strategic planning skills and program management skills
- Demonstrated proactive approach, negotiation skills and ability to champion new ideas
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills
- Ability to plan, organize, prioritize and schedule work assignmentsType or Copy/Paste Requirements here