The Center for Credentialing and Education (CCE), based in Greensboro, North Carolina, is a not-for-profit organization that provides practitioners and organizations with assessments, business support services and credentialing.
We are looking for a skilled copy editor. The copy editor edits, proofreads, fact-checks and, as needed, writes and coordinates internal and external marketing communications for CCE.
Our ideal candidate possesses strong knowledge of the structure and content of the English language, including the meaning and spelling of works, rules of composition, and grammar. They also have excellent working knowledge of Microsoft Office products, as well as Adobe InDesign, desktop publishing software, Internet and e-mail. The ability to understand the current principles affecting the Internet and other electronic forms of communication is also required.
Copy Editor Responsibilities:
- Proofreads, edits and assures accuracy and consistency in written communications (printed and electronic), including but not limited to printed marketing collateral, ads, internal reports, e-mail marketing, web content, social media posts and all forms, as assigned.
- Fact-checks all documents assigned for proofreading and editing.
- Insures internal style guide and APA style guide are adhered to.
- When necessary, writes communications (printed and electronic) intended for public dissemination, including but not limited to conference materials, e-newsletter articles, announcements and press releases.
- Works with individuals from other departments to ensure communications are accurate and reflect the intended purpose for which they were created.
- Participates in planning and development meetings as assigned.
- Other duties as assigned.